The Aldinga Bay Residents Association (Inc): (ABRA)
ABRA was first formed in 1977 for the purpose of representing the views of the residents of the Aldinga Bay area. Membership is open to residents and institutions within the Australia Post postcodes zones of Sellicks Beach, Aldinga, Aldinga Beach and Port Willunga. Annual membership fees are $10 individuals and institutions and $5 concession and are due in January. ABRA is a non-party political and non-sectarian association. ABRA also incorporates Neighbourhood Watch SA. Only members have the right to vote or to hold a position on the committee.
The aims of ABRA are:
- a) To generate awareness of residents on matters relating to any physical, environmental, social and cultural activities within our Association defined area.
- b) To initiate and/or support community response, policies and research which relate to the physical, environmental, social and cultural needs of the defined area.
- c) To review the actions and policies of Local Government, Public, Private and Statutory Authorities as they pertain to our defined area.
- d) To support, cooperate and encourage other organizations and persons whose aims and activities are consistent with those of ABRA.
- e) To encourage residents to take part in, and be involved in the maintenance and improvement of the amenities in the defined area.
- f) As a not for profit organisation, ABRA aims to disseminate any surplus funds back into community project(s) and/or amenities when and if deemed appropriate by its Committee.
ABRA produces a monthly newsletter “Aldinga Bay’s Coastal Views” to help keep residents of the Aldinga Bay and Willunga Basin areas informed on local community news and events, and on other matters of interest. ABRA maintains a local Facebook group “ABRA Aldinga Bay Residents Assoc.” for the purpose of providing a forum for discussion on items of local interest or concern. ABRA also maintains a Facebook page for the newsletter “Aldinga Bay’s Coastal Views” which provides local news updates.
General Meetings are usually held on the second Wednesday of each even numbered month at the Aldinga Community Centre from 7pm to 9pm.
Coastal View email: email@example.com
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ph: 0408 816 921)
President email: email@example.com (Ph: 0450 171 317)