Willunga Uniting Church has been having a wonderful time at Messy Church. What a delightful start to the new thing that we are trying at Willunga!.
We would like to share with the people some of the wonderful feedback we received.
· I liked that there were several activities for the children to choose. Not forcing them to do something they don’t want.
· I liked that older folk came to be part of it. The jig saw was a useful activity for them.
· I liked the simple meal.
· I liked the camaraderie between the helpers and the interaction with the kids.
· I liked the music and puppet play. I liked that you spoke of Christian things specifically.
· Having the bowls game was a very good thing. (One boy) loved it. I think there should always be something like that for energetic kids. Quoits and that game where you throw little rubber rings at a board with hooks come to my mind. I bet there are lots of other smart ideas we could use.
So, I guess you could say that I liked Messy Church.
· I like spending time making things and colouring. I am sure it’s therapeutic. If anything, I would open up this time earlier.
· I enjoyed the chapel time (worship). Particularly the songs.
· Perhaps in the good weather there can be some outside chapel time.
· The food time was probably my favourite part as there was more time to talk and mingle. There were moments when it reminded me of family worship services & the Friday night group.
And a Big Thanks to everyone else who came & supported our first Messy Church! Hurrah!
For further information about Messy Church, see Cogs or here are the websites-
– Messy Church Australia – http://messychurchaustralia.com.au/
– Messy Church UK – https://www.messychurch.org.uk/
What’s on at Willunga Uniting Church
Messy Church – Sunday, March 24 @ 4pm – Jesus eats with his friends. Worship fun and activities for all ages.
Lenten Studies: All Will Be Well – Tuesday mornings – 11am to 12.30 – March 5, 12, 19. 26 & April 2 & 9: Or Sunday Mornings – 9.15 – 10.25 am – March 10, 17, 24, 31 & April 7 & 14.
Contact Rev Cogs to register your interest – 0433 389 708 or email@example.com
Easter @ Willunga Uniting
Pancake Day Morning Tea – Sunday, March 3 @ 11.30am – Come and enjoy a pancake morning tea after church.Donations go to Uniting Care.
Ash Wednesday – March 6 – No service at Willunga Uniting. This is a good opportunity to visit our ecumenical neighbours.
Palm Sunday – April 14 @ 10.30am – The church is decorated with palms to celebrate the coming of our Lord.
Good Friday – April 19 @ 9.30am – Note special time. Followed by hot cross buns in Bethany Hall.
Easter Sunday – April 21 @ 10.30am – Includes the traditional flowering of the cross – bring a bloom to put on the cross. We celebrate Christ in our lives.
Messy Church logo © The Bible Reading Fellowship 2018. See www.messychurch.org.uk